URGENT UPDATE 15TH SEPTEMBER
ONLINE ANNUAL MEETING OF PARISHIONERS AND
ANNUAL PAROCHIAL CHURCH MEETING
Sunday 20th September at 7pm
All resident in the parish and on a Register of Local Government Electors are invited to attend the Annual Meeting of Parishioners (AMP) at which we will be appointing churchwardens for 2020/2021. This will be followed by the Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM – where only members on the parish electoral roll can vote) at which we will be appointing PCC members for 2020/2021.
I HAVE NOW RECEIVED GUIDANCE from the Diocese on how proceedings should be managed to enable this meeting to proceed online, including the process for nominations and elections:
- If you wish to attend please email me at email@example.com and I will send you a Zoom link together with instructions on how to use the link to join the meeting.
- I will also send you electronically the agenda and minutes of the 2019 AMP and APCM together with the reports that have been submitted for this year’s APCM. At the APCM, in addition to the Rector’s Annual Report, there will be presentation of reports on the activities of the church, submission of the electoral roll and presentation of financial statements and a report from the Treasurer.
- If you wish to see a copy of the revised electoral roll please ask me specifically for this and I will send you a copy.
- At the AMP there will be elections for 2 parish churchwardens. If you wish to stand for election as churchwarden please contact me urgently at firstname.lastname@example.org because there is a form I will send you that must be completed and submitted prior to the meeting.
- At the APCM there will also be elections for deputy churchwardens at St Mary’s and St John’s; Deanery Synod members and members of the Parochial Church Council. If you wish to stand for election to any of these posts please send an email to the PCC Secretary at email@example.com, clearly stating which post you wish to stand for and including the names of a proposer and a seconder who are themselves on the church electoral roll. (Please ensure that the proposer and seconder will be at the APCM so that we can confirm their consent).
For further information please contact :
Revd Colin Hopkinson
Phone: 01268 542156